How to Create Products to Make a Living

well, here I am creating a blog to discuss product Creation. What do I know about Creating Products? I have worked in Product Development for a major telecom supplier over 9 years now specifically in product development. I do understand this process from a large scale and smaller scale point of view.

Whats the point about product development as a business? or as an home based business to begin with?

If you look at all the big successes nowadays online, they all started by having their own product of some sort. Examples are Youtube, Google, Facebook and several others.

Working for a large company, it was hard for me to think of owning or developing my own product. In fact what I am saying here is that the biggest part thats preventing success in a big way, is our accepting defeat without trying. We are always told to do things a certain way and most times you have to play some politics to get ahead at work.

If you win the rat race, you are still a rat...

Lets say you are interested to start a business. The simple intention of a business are to provide products or services to a specific customer base.

In respect to product the first consideration is to buy and sell products either online or via a brick and mortar store. Now for a lot of people this may be far fetch since you need money to buy the products to sell in the first place. Therefore, the cycle may never start if you don't have lots of capital to risk.

Starting a business with little Capital...

The reason the Internet has such a big hype in respect to potential business opportunity is largely due to the fact of low overhead expected and the much bigger market.

To summarize business process we can say the following

Product
Sales and Marketing
Transaction
Profit

Now since product is important, you can't just sell or make any product. You need to find out what people are looking for.. Thats the essential step to achieving success.

In another post I will give an easy example of developing a quality product for less than $500 and then you can find people to help you sell it..

In summary, the whole notion of product creation should first start with a goal or you could say a business plan. Don't just say I am going to make some money.. The fun part about all this, is that you will truely enjoy the process of creating products.

Now this blog is open and I do welcome good constructive comments that can help to advance the cause. I also have some free materials at this site.

I am Larkland Morley a Certified E-Commerce Consultant.

1 comment:

John said...

hey, I read your whole blog, whats the point?

I get where your going with it, but are you trying to make money? with this blog, advertise something, or what?